Forum Title: Flow interlock
Hello All and thanks for any assistance. I'm a do-it-yourselfer and I'm updating my kitchen and relocating the sink water supply line and I noticed a gadget connected to my cold water supply, about 2ft away from the kitchen sink hook-up. The gadget is called a "Westinghouse, Flow Interlock". It is connected in-line to the cold water supply line, near the kitchen sink, via 1/2 rigid pipe, and is also connected to, what appears to be 120 volt power line. I'm not yet sure if there is power running to the gadget or if it is controlled by a switch because I didn't have any testing equipment with me while I was in the crawl space. Does anyone know what this is used for and should I leave it installed? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Category: Plumber Post By: FREDDIE REESE (Citrus Heights, CA), 02/14/2016

I'm looking into it. Westinghouse made a lot of electrical devices then seemed to get into the nuclear business. They had a product like this that made sure water was on when the disposal was turned on if I'm looking at it right. You may find that this is no longer connected and is just abandoned in place. I had several components that they did that with on my house in NC.

- MAURICE KELLER (DeKalb, IL), 09/15/2017

No disposal. House is a 1940s build in need of updating.

- DAISY PAUL (Clifton, NJ), 09/26/2017

Is there a garbage disposal on the kitchen sink?

- KRISTINA SINGH (St. Petersburg, FL), 09/30/2017

Support & Helpful Links For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779